Assembly is a wonderful learning platform for everybody. Collective worship should aim to provide the opportunity for pupils to worship God, to consider spiritual and moral issues and explore their own beliefs; to encourage participation and response, whether through active involvement in the presentation of worship or through listening to and joining in the worship offered; and to develop community spirit, promote a common ethos and shared values, and reinforce attitudes.
- To help children develop an awareness of the presence of God in everyday life.
- To help children develop a sense of awe and wonder at the world around them.
- To offer children a spiritual dimension to their lives and personal relationships.
- To provide regular opportunities for reflection and meditation.
- To provide opportunities for thanksgiving and enjoying the unity which comes from sharing love, joy, friendship, anguish, fear and forgiveness.
- To give children experience of being active members of a caring community.
- To help children value each other and develop an awareness and concern for others.
- To help develop standards, attitudes and values fundamental to the Indian culture.
- To focus on beliefs and values which the school upholds as a community.
- Assembly will take place on a daily basis sharp at 9.00 am
- The norm is for worship to take place in school assembly ground but occasionally it will take place inside respective rooms .
- Themes for worship are planned as an integral part of school planning which is already provided in the student almanac.
- The Head and other members of staff will lead the assembly.
- A record will be kept of daily services. Children will evaluate assembly periodically.
- Pupils will be encouraged to become involved in planning and presenting services.
- Governors are welcome to attend all activities of assembly which take place within the school. On occasions other visitors will also be invited, such as local residents or chief guests or special invitees for occasions.
- We acknowledge that music and silence play a valuable part.
- To ensure the fluency in all the three languages, the schedule of the Assembly proceedings is planned accordingly.
To enable students across grades to participate in the Assembly, the activities are divided according to the standards of the students.
|THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
|NEWS AND IDIOM
Date May 2018
Review March 2020.